Contact Me for Work
Summary Link to heading
I am an InfoSec generalist, software developer, and system administrator for CentOS and OpenBSD servers. I have a strong track record of effectively applying established standards and best practices to my work. I take pride in delivering high-quality results and consistently improving both back-end infrastructure and the end-user experience.
I live in the United States where I’m employed as a Security Engineer with Meta.
As a software developer, I am familiar with shell scripting, Python 3, and Golang. I can also work with C, Java, or Perl, and I can learn new languages as needed. Having a strong information security background allows me to identify potential security vulnerabilities and help teams solve the overall security issues they face in a consistent and reusable way.
Having a strong generalist background in both system administation and information security helps to keep systems I manage updated with security patches and configured to be hardened against common security issues. I am also able to more easily work with subject-matter experts to develop plans that both enchance security and the end-user experience.
For more detail, including my full work history and relevant experience, please download my résumé. I have permanent work authorization allowing me to work anywhere in the United States. In case physical location matters, such as for various legal or tax purposes, I’m located in the State of Georgia.
Before Reaching Out Link to heading
If you are interested in considering me for a role at your company please be aware that I am only considering roles allowing me to work 100% fully and permanently remotely without relocation. I have a standard set of questions I request that you answer before an initial exploratory conversation. Please also ensure the subject line of your message contains the word “cerulean” to show me you’ve read this far.
- What is the name of your company and what industry are they in?
- What role(s) are you asking me to consider? Please include either a full job description or a link to a full job description.
- What is the base cash compensation range for the position? Does this range
change based on my physical location?
- If the job posting allows hiring at multiple levels, please answer based on the lowest level I would be considered for.
- Does your company commit to this role being permanently fully remote, with only occasional trips for in-person meetings?
- Is your company’s working schedule normally flexible or does your company require employees to work within certain hours?
I will commit to not sharing the answers with anyone upon request, however I will ask that answers be given before any exploratory conversation to save time for both of us. The reason I ask these questions up front is out of respect for your time and energy. I don’t want to waste your valuable time that could be spent on other candidates, or waste your interviewers’ time, discussing a position I’m unable to consider.